SPG Acoustic board is used for soundproofing of drywalls, floors (Instead of timber board) and ceilings and are generally used together with Green Glue and FSB (Flexible sound barriers)
SPG Acoustic board Characteristics
- Fire resistant; it has a zero flame spread and smoke-developed rating.
- Impervious to water; when submerged for extended periods of time it experiences no dimensional changes.
- Mould and mildew resistant.
- No chemicals in its formula; some of the ingredients are found in vitamins and minerals we take every day.
- It has excellent acoustic and thermal insulation qualities.
- Both Eco-friendly and a Green Building Product and the manufacturing process is also eco-friendly.
- 100% recyclable.
- Good weather ability characteristics; it has been subjected to some of the toughest testing conducted on building materials today and has passed with good results.
- Very stable; when subjected to temperature changes, it does not expand or contract much.
- Impervious to insects including termites and sugar ants.
- Excellent strength characteristics.
- Will save substantially on labour and material costs and duration of projects due to the ease of application.
- Non-toxic, free of carcinogens and contains no silica.